I'm going deep sea fishing soon, and they provide bait, like clam and crab, but what should I use for the best results?
Grouper-crabs bluefish-live jacks Don't worry, the cap'n makes money when you catch always listen to deckhands.
My dad loves deep sea fishing, so I want to get him one of the best rods/reels for Father's Day, but I don't know the sport very well. What are some of the best rods and reels on the market right now, and where can I go to get a good deal on them? Thanks all.
I've always used Penn, This is well built, quality gear and will last forever if cared for properly. Penn gear is available at most of your better sporting stores or you can purchase through their website.
I'm writing a coursework speech for my english lesson on What Makes Me Mad.
And I was wondering what is the difference between Big-game fishing and deep sea fishing? Best answer gets an easy 10 points!
In general, deep-sea fishing is fishing in the ocean from a boat a ways from shore. You can target small, medium, or large fish. I've been on offshore trips which came in with lots of tiny (under 10 pound) yellowfin tuna -- this is definitely deep sea fishing, but definitely not big game fishing.
Big game fishing refers to targeting big fish (100 pounds and up in my experience). This generally requires specialized heavy tackle and methods, big baits/lures, etc. The fish targeted include marlin, big tuna, big sharks, and possibly others.
I would like to send my husband deep sea fishing, but I don['t know the best month to go. Probably off the coast of Texas or Louisiana.
August is the best time to go for calm weather. I have fished the Miss. Canyon area off of Venice La for many years. I have fished out of Freeport TX over 20 yrs. Watch the weather for any tropical storms in the Gulf during that time of year. Winter time is pretty rough on some of the charter boats, but bigger fish are caught at this time. Lots of choices to choose from. Current guide Northwest BC
I live in the North West of England about an hour or so from the coast so this would be where I would go to fish, however never having been sea fishing before I don't have the confidence to just go, as I wouldn't know where to start.
I have been in your situation before. Actually, you are being smart in not just going. Ocean fishing is much more specialized so really need to be informed or you will be wasting alot of time. You should direct your questions to the fishing tackle store in the area where you want to fish. It is in their best interest that you catch fish. They will help you work through your questions. Easiest is a relative term. For example, hand line fishing from a dock is easy and simple but fishing from a boat can also be "easy" but you will catch 10 times more fish. A lot of ocean fishing is done in boats. Do you know if you get seasick? Do you know if you take the proper medicine you can prevent it? Before you go out, you need to know the answer to those questions, Being seasick is one of the worst experiences you can have in life and still live through it. Be prepared.
NewsSearch is on for sea fishing apprentices Torquay Herald Express
- Feb 02, 2014Search is on for sea fishing apprenticesTorquay Herald ExpressTWENTY apprentices are being sought to breathe new life into South Devon's fishing and marine industries. The apprentices are being sought by the South Devon Fishing Industry Development Scheme to take up positions at businesses across the region
- Jan 29, 2014ScotsmanDecline in North Sea fish length linked to rising sea temperaturesPhys.OrgHe said: "We used data collated by the International Council for the Exploration of the Sea reporting the age and length of commercial fish in the North Sea for over 40 years. "Our analysis showed that the majority of species examined – specifically North Sea fish species '30 per cent shorter'Experts blame warmer water for shrinking North Sea fishSmaller North Sea fish linked to climate changeall 20 news articles »
- Jan 11, 2014WantChinaTimesChina defends South China Sea fishing ruleABS CBN NewsBEIJING - Beijing on Friday rejected US criticism of a measure requiring foreign fishing vessels to secure permission to enter much of the South China Sea, which it claims almost in its entirety. The rule -- which comes as tensions have escalated over Beijing refutes US criticism of South China Sea fishing rulesno permit needed to fish in high seasChina to Regulate Fishing in Sea Despite Protestsall 252 news articles »
- Jan 09, 2014BBC NewsChina Defends New Fishing Rules in Disputed WatersVoice of AmericaChina is defending a move by Hainan province to require all foreign fishing vessels to seek permission before entering disputed waters in the South China Sea that are claimed by Beijing. The new rule, which went into effect on January 1, covers more China fires back at US for criticism on fishing curbsUS: China new sea rules 'provocative'China refutes US criticism on South China Sea fishing rulesall 278 news articles »
- Jan 07, 2014China Orders Foreign Fishing Vessels Out of Most of the South China SeaWashington Free BeaconChina has ordered foreign fishing vessels to obtain approval from regional authorities before fishing or surveying in two thirds of the South China Sea, setting up the potential for new confrontations between Beijing and its neighbors over maritime and more »