I'm going deep sea fishing soon, and they provide bait, like clam and crab, but what should I use for the best results?
Grouper-crabs bluefish-live jacks Don't worry, the cap'n makes money when you catch always listen to deckhands.
My dad loves deep sea fishing, so I want to get him one of the best rods/reels for Father's Day, but I don't know the sport very well. What are some of the best rods and reels on the market right now, and where can I go to get a good deal on them? Thanks all.
I've always used Penn, This is well built, quality gear and will last forever if cared for properly. Penn gear is available at most of your better sporting stores or you can purchase through their website.
I'm writing a coursework speech for my english lesson on What Makes Me Mad.
And I was wondering what is the difference between Big-game fishing and deep sea fishing? Best answer gets an easy 10 points!
In general, deep-sea fishing is fishing in the ocean from a boat a ways from shore. You can target small, medium, or large fish. I've been on offshore trips which came in with lots of tiny (under 10 pound) yellowfin tuna -- this is definitely deep sea fishing, but definitely not big game fishing.
Big game fishing refers to targeting big fish (100 pounds and up in my experience). This generally requires specialized heavy tackle and methods, big baits/lures, etc. The fish targeted include marlin, big tuna, big sharks, and possibly others.
I would like to send my husband deep sea fishing, but I don['t know the best month to go. Probably off the coast of Texas or Louisiana.
August is the best time to go for calm weather. I have fished the Miss. Canyon area off of Venice La for many years. I have fished out of Freeport TX over 20 yrs. Watch the weather for any tropical storms in the Gulf during that time of year. Winter time is pretty rough on some of the charter boats, but bigger fish are caught at this time. Lots of choices to choose from. Current guide Northwest BC
I live in the North West of England about an hour or so from the coast so this would be where I would go to fish, however never having been sea fishing before I don't have the confidence to just go, as I wouldn't know where to start.
I have been in your situation before. Actually, you are being smart in not just going. Ocean fishing is much more specialized so really need to be informed or you will be wasting alot of time. You should direct your questions to the fishing tackle store in the area where you want to fish. It is in their best interest that you catch fish. They will help you work through your questions. Easiest is a relative term. For example, hand line fishing from a dock is easy and simple but fishing from a boat can also be "easy" but you will catch 10 times more fish. A lot of ocean fishing is done in boats. Do you know if you get seasick? Do you know if you take the proper medicine you can prevent it? Before you go out, you need to know the answer to those questions, Being seasick is one of the worst experiences you can have in life and still live through it. Be prepared.
NewsPHOTO TOUR: A day of deep-sea fishing in the Bahamas USA TODAY
- Mar 14, 2014PHOTO TOUR: A day of deep-sea fishing in the BahamasUSA TODAYWhat can you expect when you sign up for a charter fishing excursion? The slideshow above, courtesy of The Bahamas Sport Fishing Network, spotlights a day of fishing in the islands, from catching bait at dawn to dusk at the docks with the sharks circling.and more »
- Mar 04, 2014Daily MailScientists find deep sea fish make up 95% of all fish biomass in the worldDaily MailScientists have vastly underestimated the number of fish in the sea - and say the majority of them have never been fished. Australian researchers found that mesopelagic fish, which live between 100 and 1000m below the surface, constitute 95 per cent of and more »
- Mar 14, 2014The JournalSea angling: Youngsters leading the way on North Sea fishing tripThe JournalPrivate boats fishing the rough ground of Seaham, Souter and Whitley Bay have only taken three or four small fish, most of these being returned. Dogfish and rays are still being reported from Roker and Seaham pier, Dean Furness losing a decent
- Mar 20, 2014Guardian Liberty VoiceSea Slavery on Thai Fishing Boats Remains Widespread Issue [Video]Guardian Liberty VoiceThere is also a good chance that the Thai fishing boat that caught those items was involved in sea slavery. The country of Thailand is flanked by Myanmar, Cambodia, and Laos, which rank among Asia's poorest countries. In Myanmar, 75 percent of the
- Mar 13, 2014The CourierDeal on North Sea fishing quotasThe Courier"Our fishing industry still faces significant challenges, with our fleet having to endure cuts to quotas while at the same time working towards a landing obligation and reducing discards. However, I welcome the end of these talks and I am pleased that