I'm going deep sea fishing soon, and they provide bait, like clam and crab, but what should I use for the best results?
Grouper-crabs bluefish-live jacks Don't worry, the cap'n makes money when you catch always listen to deckhands.
My dad loves deep sea fishing, so I want to get him one of the best rods/reels for Father's Day, but I don't know the sport very well. What are some of the best rods and reels on the market right now, and where can I go to get a good deal on them? Thanks all.
I've always used Penn, This is well built, quality gear and will last forever if cared for properly. Penn gear is available at most of your better sporting stores or you can purchase through their website.
I'm writing a coursework speech for my english lesson on What Makes Me Mad.
And I was wondering what is the difference between Big-game fishing and deep sea fishing? Best answer gets an easy 10 points!
In general, deep-sea fishing is fishing in the ocean from a boat a ways from shore. You can target small, medium, or large fish. I've been on offshore trips which came in with lots of tiny (under 10 pound) yellowfin tuna -- this is definitely deep sea fishing, but definitely not big game fishing.
Big game fishing refers to targeting big fish (100 pounds and up in my experience). This generally requires specialized heavy tackle and methods, big baits/lures, etc. The fish targeted include marlin, big tuna, big sharks, and possibly others.
I would like to send my husband deep sea fishing, but I don['t know the best month to go. Probably off the coast of Texas or Louisiana.
August is the best time to go for calm weather. I have fished the Miss. Canyon area off of Venice La for many years. I have fished out of Freeport TX over 20 yrs. Watch the weather for any tropical storms in the Gulf during that time of year. Winter time is pretty rough on some of the charter boats, but bigger fish are caught at this time. Lots of choices to choose from. Current guide Northwest BC
I live in the North West of England about an hour or so from the coast so this would be where I would go to fish, however never having been sea fishing before I don't have the confidence to just go, as I wouldn't know where to start.
I have been in your situation before. Actually, you are being smart in not just going. Ocean fishing is much more specialized so really need to be informed or you will be wasting alot of time. You should direct your questions to the fishing tackle store in the area where you want to fish. It is in their best interest that you catch fish. They will help you work through your questions. Easiest is a relative term. For example, hand line fishing from a dock is easy and simple but fishing from a boat can also be "easy" but you will catch 10 times more fish. A lot of ocean fishing is done in boats. Do you know if you get seasick? Do you know if you take the proper medicine you can prevent it? Before you go out, you need to know the answer to those questions, Being seasick is one of the worst experiences you can have in life and still live through it. Be prepared.
NewsShep on Fishing: Sea Isle man catches 52.4-pound striper Press of Atlantic City
- Nov 15, 2014Press of Atlantic CityShep on Fishing: Sea Isle man catches 52.4-pound striperPress of Atlantic CityMike Cunningham ran his South Jersey Striper Slam last weekend out of Sea Isle City Bait and Tackle, and maybe the biggest bass of the fall season so far took it. Cunningham weighed a 52.4-pound heavyweight caught by John Mazurie of Sea Isle City.
- Nov 14, 2014Modern slavery in deep-sea fishing fleets exposed in new bookRadio AustraliaPacific countries have long been trying to rein in poor fishing practices by the deep-sea fishing fleets that catch buillions of dollars worth of tuna and other species in their waters every year. Modern slavery in deep-sea fishing fleets exposed in
- Nov 21, 4361Watch a sea lion leap aboard a moving fishing boat in the hopes of being fedThe IndependentWhile this creature was determined, he didn't seem dangerous. That's not always the case with sea lions. The filmer, who reportedly posted the video under the name tony1971, said: "Sea Lions often follow fishing boats in Cabo San Lucas in the hope of Hungry Sea Lion Chases Fishing Boat, Pulls Off Amazing MoveSea Lion Jumps Passenger Boat To Nab Himself A Fishall 6 news articles »
- Nov 04, 2014BBC NewsNorth Sea fishing trawler captain died in sinkingBBC NewsA man who died when a trawler sank in the North Sea was the boat's captain, police have said. The 45-year-old British man's body and two other crew, who survived, were pulled from the water after the Ocean Way trawler issued a distress signal. The Sailor who died was captain and two others missing after boat disappears in One dead and two missing after Scots fishing boat gets into difficultly in Hope abandoned for two fishermen missing in North Seaall 223 news articles »
- Nov 06, 2014Marine Trader Online (press release) (blog)An amusing video has emerged of a sea lion jumping onto the back of a fishing Telegraph.co.ukThe video, captured off the coast of Cabo San Lucas, Mexico late last month, shows the determined seal trailing behind the boat before leaping on board to collect a piece of fish. After collecting the fish, the sea lion reverses back into the sea and Sea lion involved in high speed chase with fishing boatall 2 news articles »