I'm going deep sea fishing soon, and they provide bait, like clam and crab, but what should I use for the best results?
Grouper-crabs bluefish-live jacks Don't worry, the cap'n makes money when you catch always listen to deckhands.
My dad loves deep sea fishing, so I want to get him one of the best rods/reels for Father's Day, but I don't know the sport very well. What are some of the best rods and reels on the market right now, and where can I go to get a good deal on them? Thanks all.
I've always used Penn, This is well built, quality gear and will last forever if cared for properly. Penn gear is available at most of your better sporting stores or you can purchase through their website.
I'm writing a coursework speech for my english lesson on What Makes Me Mad.
And I was wondering what is the difference between Big-game fishing and deep sea fishing? Best answer gets an easy 10 points!
In general, deep-sea fishing is fishing in the ocean from a boat a ways from shore. You can target small, medium, or large fish. I've been on offshore trips which came in with lots of tiny (under 10 pound) yellowfin tuna -- this is definitely deep sea fishing, but definitely not big game fishing.
Big game fishing refers to targeting big fish (100 pounds and up in my experience). This generally requires specialized heavy tackle and methods, big baits/lures, etc. The fish targeted include marlin, big tuna, big sharks, and possibly others.
I would like to send my husband deep sea fishing, but I don['t know the best month to go. Probably off the coast of Texas or Louisiana.
August is the best time to go for calm weather. I have fished the Miss. Canyon area off of Venice La for many years. I have fished out of Freeport TX over 20 yrs. Watch the weather for any tropical storms in the Gulf during that time of year. Winter time is pretty rough on some of the charter boats, but bigger fish are caught at this time. Lots of choices to choose from. Current guide Northwest BC
I live in the North West of England about an hour or so from the coast so this would be where I would go to fish, however never having been sea fishing before I don't have the confidence to just go, as I wouldn't know where to start.
I have been in your situation before. Actually, you are being smart in not just going. Ocean fishing is much more specialized so really need to be informed or you will be wasting alot of time. You should direct your questions to the fishing tackle store in the area where you want to fish. It is in their best interest that you catch fish. They will help you work through your questions. Easiest is a relative term. For example, hand line fishing from a dock is easy and simple but fishing from a boat can also be "easy" but you will catch 10 times more fish. A lot of ocean fishing is done in boats. Do you know if you get seasick? Do you know if you take the proper medicine you can prevent it? Before you go out, you need to know the answer to those questions, Being seasick is one of the worst experiences you can have in life and still live through it. Be prepared.
NewsSea Angling: Whitby boats finally making some waves ChronicleLive
- Sep 15, 2013ChronicleLiveSea Angling: Whitby boats finally making some wavesChronicleLiveIt has been a long time coming, but at long last Whitby has caught up with the boats that fish the Tyne wrecks as the better ling start to show. Sea Otter 2 has certainly been amongst them with good numbers of ling to 20lb taken. With the Whitby
- Sep 12, 2013Telegraph.co.ukFish fresh from the sea, cooked by a private chefTelegraph.co.ukAt 9.30am Ben Quinn bustles into my holiday cottage in Porthtowan, north Cornwall, laden with shopping bags – and starts cooking breakfast. He pulls out bacon from a nearby farm to fry up with French toast, and smears almond butter on croissants. I
- Aug 22, 2013Boston GlobeCount on fun, not fish, when going deep-sea fishingBoston GlobePLYMOUTH — There are a few things you can count on when you go deep-sea fishing on a commercial open boat for the first time. 1) You'll have plenty of time to think, or do something else other than fishing. 2) You'll meet people who absolutely love to
- Sep 10, 2013HC halts govt plans to dole out sea-fishing licencesDaily Star OnlineA High Court bench comprising Justice Salma Masud Chowdhury and Justice Zafar Ahmed issued the order last week restraining the government from giving out any sea-fishing licence for the next three months. The order comes following a writ petition filed
- Sep 08, 2013Fair Wind Adds Deep Sea Fishing Charters on the Hawaii IslandAbout - News & IssuesFair Wind Big Island Ocean Guides on Hawaii, the Big Island has added two fishing vessels to their fleet. The Hokulia and Capt. Jack have joined the Fair Wind II and Hula Kai at Keauhou Bay. Now, in addition to offering snorkeling and diving sails