I'm going deep sea fishing soon, and they provide bait, like clam and crab, but what should I use for the best results?
Grouper-crabs bluefish-live jacks Don't worry, the cap'n makes money when you catch always listen to deckhands.
My dad loves deep sea fishing, so I want to get him one of the best rods/reels for Father's Day, but I don't know the sport very well. What are some of the best rods and reels on the market right now, and where can I go to get a good deal on them? Thanks all.
I've always used Penn, This is well built, quality gear and will last forever if cared for properly. Penn gear is available at most of your better sporting stores or you can purchase through their website.
I'm writing a coursework speech for my english lesson on What Makes Me Mad.
And I was wondering what is the difference between Big-game fishing and deep sea fishing? Best answer gets an easy 10 points!
In general, deep-sea fishing is fishing in the ocean from a boat a ways from shore. You can target small, medium, or large fish. I've been on offshore trips which came in with lots of tiny (under 10 pound) yellowfin tuna -- this is definitely deep sea fishing, but definitely not big game fishing.
Big game fishing refers to targeting big fish (100 pounds and up in my experience). This generally requires specialized heavy tackle and methods, big baits/lures, etc. The fish targeted include marlin, big tuna, big sharks, and possibly others.
I would like to send my husband deep sea fishing, but I don['t know the best month to go. Probably off the coast of Texas or Louisiana.
August is the best time to go for calm weather. I have fished the Miss. Canyon area off of Venice La for many years. I have fished out of Freeport TX over 20 yrs. Watch the weather for any tropical storms in the Gulf during that time of year. Winter time is pretty rough on some of the charter boats, but bigger fish are caught at this time. Lots of choices to choose from. Current guide Northwest BC
I live in the North West of England about an hour or so from the coast so this would be where I would go to fish, however never having been sea fishing before I don't have the confidence to just go, as I wouldn't know where to start.
I have been in your situation before. Actually, you are being smart in not just going. Ocean fishing is much more specialized so really need to be informed or you will be wasting alot of time. You should direct your questions to the fishing tackle store in the area where you want to fish. It is in their best interest that you catch fish. They will help you work through your questions. Easiest is a relative term. For example, hand line fishing from a dock is easy and simple but fishing from a boat can also be "easy" but you will catch 10 times more fish. A lot of ocean fishing is done in boats. Do you know if you get seasick? Do you know if you take the proper medicine you can prevent it? Before you go out, you need to know the answer to those questions, Being seasick is one of the worst experiences you can have in life and still live through it. Be prepared.
NewsBusy day at 81st Alabama Deep Sea Fishing Rodeo ends with post-storm rush to ... The Birmingham News al.com
- Jul 19, 2014WPMI Local 15 NewsBusy day at 81st Alabama Deep Sea Fishing Rodeo ends with post-storm rush to The Birmingham News - al.comDAUPHIN ISLAND, Alabama - The opening day of the 81st Alabama Deep Sea Fishing Rodeo saw a 35-year-old record broken, endured a mid-day thunderstorm that basically cleared the site and a rush to the island as the scales closed at 7 o'clock Friday Slow day at 81st Alabama Deep Sea Fishing Rodeo scales leaves plenty of Final day of 81st Alabama Deep Sea Fishing Rodeo shaping up to be very activeAlabama Deep Sea Fishing Rodeo pulls in deep-thinking marine scientistsall 54 news articles »
- Jul 24, 2014M'lore: College of Fisheries hosts seminar on deep sea fishingDaijiworld.com"There is a limit imposed on the amount of fishing so that the marine life can be saved for future generation. There are fishermen who catch certain fish which are not supposed to be killed. The government should step in and should make a rule in this
- Jul 21, 2014Andrew Montgomery earns 81st ADSFR Master Angler honors on tie-breakeral.comAs is always the case after the massive rush to the scales from land and sea on Rodeo Sunday afternoon, the leaderboard flipped with 50 of the 90 available slots in the 30 regular categories being finalized on Sunday. Fourteen of the new names claimed
- Jul 03, 2014SunHerald.comMississippi Deep Sea Fishing Rodeo begins its 66th yearSunHerald.comNew records have been hard to come by in recent years in the Mississippi Deep Sea Fishing Rodeo, but chances are there will be new marks established this year in the 66th annual event. The fishing rodeo will be held today through Sunday at the Gulfport Free fishing, rodeo and Camp Fish on tapall 3 news articles »
- Oct 26, 7572SunHerald.comThe 66th annual Mississippi Deep Sea Fishing Rodeo opens in styleMississippi Press (blog)GULFPORT, Mississippi - The 66th annual Mississippi Deep Sea Fishing Rodeo opened in style Thursday at Jones Park in the Gulfport Small Craft Harbor. In fact, when the scales opened at noon, Jordan Terwilliger of Saucier was standing in line to weigh Stingrays, Jack Crevalle, Black Drum among first fish at Deep Sea Fishing RodeoFishing rodeo sponsors fishing trip for wounded warriorsFavorable conditions reel in great time at the rodeoall 21 news articles »